- Music Theory
Teaching Ages: Now Accepting Students
- Elementary Children through College
- Home Schooled, Public and Private School Students and Adults
- Special Needs Students
- Adults – No one is too old to learn and enjoy music.
- Church Worship Music
- Chord Charts
- Tuesday: 1:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Wednesday: 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Thursday: 3:30 pm – 8:00 pm
- All lesson dates/times are scheduled with teacher
Student Event Opportunities:
- ORS – Piano Trios Festival – Oct/Nov
- PVC – Winter Festival – February
- WSMTA – Music Artistry Program – March
- PFMC – Helen Crowe Snelling Competition – March
- PFMC – NFMC Cup Festival – March
- ORS – Orchestral Recital Series of Tacoma – May/June
- PVC – Anything Goes Recitals
- Christmas and/or Spring Recitals
- Music Teachers National Association (MTNA)
- Washington State Music Teachers Association (WSMTA)
- Puyallup Valley Chapter of WSMTA (PVC)
- Orchestral Recital Series of Tacoma (ORS)
- National Federation of Music Clubs (NFMC)
- Washington State Federation of Music Clubs (WSFMC)
- Puyallup Federated Music Club (PFMC)
- Bachelor of Science – Music Education Degree; K-12, University of Montana ~ Billings, MT.
- Montana, Alaska, and Washington Teaching Certificates
BIO: (my students call me Mrs.Van)
I have played the piano, sang, and studied music since I was four years old. Loving music as I do, I decided to teach, both publicly and privately, sharing this wonderful gift with anyone who wants to learn. Besides teaching piano, I also teach choral music to children and adults, having had choirs and ensembles from 6 to 100+ voices. I have taught public school in Alaska, having had award winning A Capella Choirs over the years. I love playing the piano, in worship, accompanying soloists, choirs, and piano performance in the community.
I also have a very successful private music studio, having taught for the past 46+ years. Besides the various Music Festivals and Recitals available my students, they also have the opportunity to perform in a Piano Trio, with a professional Cellist and Violinist in the fall. In the spring, students can perform in a formal setting, on stage with a Chamber String or Full Orchestra. They have really done well and look forward to these events every year.
Students drive to my North Tacoma Studio from all over the area: Yelm, Eatonville, Graham, Lakewood, University Place, Puyallup, and Fife.. I really enjoy students of all ages, so with my love and strong passion for music, these are a perfect combination and a great fit for me. Come join the adventure with me, at Classic Keys Music Studio.